Table to Table, the volunteer-based not-for-profit food rescue organization serving Johnson County, is accepting applications for a Part-time Program Assistant. To apply, email resume and cover letter to Nicki Ross
Application deadline: July 19, 2019.
View complete job description here.
Position Overview: Looking for a part-time gig with a local organization doing big things? This job is ideal for a reliable, friendly, and organized person with some free mornings during the week. The Program Assistant is responsible for supporting the daily function of the food rescue program and its volunteers in a friendly and fast-paced environment. This person directs volunteers and communicates with donor/recipient sites to ensure smooth pick-up and delivery of donations. The best candidate is a team player with leadership experience and enjoys interacting with people of diverse age and background. Applicants must be energetic, self-motivated, and have strong communication skills. This position reports to the Food Rescue Program Manager.
Employment Status and Work Hours: (10 hours per week)
Two to three weekday mornings starting 7:30 am with flexible shift end time. One Saturday per month 8:30-12:30 pm.
Wage: $12-$15 an hour depending on experience
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate daily routes by getting volunteers started and directing their tasks for the day.
- Assist with training and orientation of food rescue, fleet, and facility volunteers.
- Communicate with key staff at donor/recipient sites to ensure smooth pick-up and delivery of donations.
- Accept and track one-time food donations and work with Special Projects and Requests Coordinator to distribute these incoming donations.
- Unload and organize food received at Table to Table. Work with Special Projects & Requests Coordinator to distribute drop-in donations.
- Accompany volunteers on food rescue route delivery when needed.
- Complete shop/facility duties normally done by volunteers as needed.
Desired Education and Experience
- Experience as a team leader or front office/reception experience in a fast-paced environment
Necessary Skills and Requirements
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced public facing role, maintaining energy through often repetitive tasks and communications
- Ability to sustain positive communications and model for volunteers a compassionate, non-judgmental approach.
- Functional knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office and volunteer databases.