Part-Time Program Assistant
Position Overview: Looking for a part-time gig with a local organization doing big things? This job is ideal for a reliable, friendly, and organized person with some free mornings during the week. The Program Assistant is responsible for supporting the daily function of the food rescue program and its volunteers in a welcoming and fast-paced environment. This person directs volunteers and communicates with donor/recipient sites to ensure smooth pick-up and delivery of donations. The best candidate is a team player with leadership experience and enjoys interacting with people of diverse ages and backgrounds. Applicants must be energetic, self-motivated, and have strong communication skills. This position reports to the Food Rescue Program Manager.
Submit your resume and cover letter to Emily Meister, Program Manager via email: Apply Now
Employment Status and Work Hours: (Part-time 25 hours per week)
Four to five weekday mornings starting at 7:30 am with flexible shift end time before 1 pm. Occasional saturday mornings in lieu of weekday hours
Wage: $12-$15 an hour depending on experience
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate daily routes by getting volunteers started and directing their tasks for the day.
- Assist with training and orientation of food rescue, fleet, and facility volunteers.
- Communicate with key staff at donor/recipient sites to ensure smooth pick-up and delivery of donations.
- Accept, track, unload, and organize one-time food donations and distribute these incoming donations.
- Accompany volunteers on food rescue route delivery when needed.
- Complete shop/facility duties normally done by volunteers as needed.
Desired Education and Experience
- Experience as a team leader or front office/reception experience in a fast-paced environment
Necessary Skills and Requirements
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced public-facing role, maintaining energy through often repetitive tasks and communications
- Ability to sustain positive communications and model for volunteers a compassionate, non-judgmental approach.
- Functional knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office and volunteer databases.