Table to Table, the volunteer-based not-for-profit food rescue organization serving Johnson County, is accepting applications for a Part-time Program Assistant. To apply, email resume and cover letter to Nicki Ross Application deadline: June 30th, 2019.
View complete job description here.
Position Overview: The Program Assistant is responsible for assisting volunteers and preparing them for their daily routes and acting as front office support to facilitate the daily function of the food rescue program and it’s volunteers in a friendly and fast-paced environment. This person directs volunteers and communicates with donor/recipient sites to ensure smooth pick-up and delivery of donations. Ideal candidates are team players with leadership experience and enjoy interacting with people of diverse ages and backgrounds. Applicants must be energetic, self-motivated, organized, and have strong communication and leadership skills. This position reports to the Food Rescue Program Manager.
Employment Status and Work Hours: (Part-time hourly position)
Hourly part-time 10 hours per week. The schedule can be flexible based on availability, but applicants must be available two mornings per week 7:30 am to 1 pm, one Saturday morning per month.
Wage: $13-$15 an hour depending on experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate daily food rescue routes, accompany volunteers on deliveries when needed, regularly lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Answer phones and field walk-in inquiries
- Accept and track drop-off food donations.
- Assist in training food rescue, fleet, and office volunteers.
Desired Education and Experience
- 1-3 years experience as a team leader or front office/reception experience in a fast-paced environment.
Necessary Skills and Requirements
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced public facing role, maintaining energy through often repetitive tasks and communications
- Ability to sustain positive communications and model for volunteers a compassionate, non-judgmental approach.
- Functional knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office and volunteer databases.