Table to Table, the volunteer-based not-for-profit food rescue organization serving Johnson County, is accepting applications for a Full-time Communications and Development Coordinator. To apply, email resume and cover letter to Nicki Ross Application deadline: July 26th, 2019.
View complete job description here.
Position Overview: Are you looking for a Communications/Marketing job that lets you do a little bit of everything and makes a real difference in your community? The Communications and Development Coordinator is outgoing, an outstanding communicator, and a community-minded individual. He or she is passionate about preventing food waste/hunger and is enthusiastic about conveying this mission and inspiring and encouraging volunteers, organizations, and the general public to participate in it. The ideal candidate is an organized self-starter who can lead but also step into others’ roles when needed, and is cheerful and patient in a dynamic work environment where there are tight deadlines and multiple requests or projects at any given moment. This coordinator is also a people person who enjoys interacting with those of diverse ages, abilities, and backgrounds. If you have these qualifications and want to put your time and energy toward making a difference, this is the job for you!
Employment Status and Work Hours: (Full-time salary position)
Monday through Friday 8-4 with flexibility, some weekends and evenings required
Salary & Benefits: $35,000 – $38,000 depending on experience.
Benefit package includes paid vacation and sick leave, employer retirement contribution, along with employee health and dental coverage.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate volunteer recruitment and ensure operations are adequately staffed.
- Reach out to organizations and the community with marketing development, and fundraising efforts.
- Implement community outreach and media relationships and strategies.
- Organize promotional events like Food Rescue Awareness Week, UI Homecoming Parade, and other outreach events.
- Assist the Director in writing content for key organization publications including: newsletters, the annual report, brochures, fact sheets, etc. Design ads, flyers, banners, brochures, fact sheets, event signage, invitations, etc. as needed.
- Execute social media strategy.
- Coordinate and plan annual dinner including promotion, logistics, food, and fundraising.
- With the support of ED, create and implement fundraising campaigns, including appeal letters and online giving campaigns.
Desired Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, communications, marketing, or a related field, or a combination of relevant education and professional experience in marketing, event planning, communications, fundraising, and/or community relations.
Necessary Skills and Requirements
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to sustain positive communications and model for volunteers a compassionate, non-judgmental approach.
- Functional knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office, publishing/layout programs, and CRM/databases.Strong computer skills a plus.