Table to Table, the volunteer-based not-for-profit food rescue organization serving Johnson County, is accepting applications for a Full-time Volunteer & Program Coordinator. To apply, email resume and your cover letter to the attention of Program Manager Emily Meister.
Application deadline: September 27th, 2019.
Position Overview: The Volunteer and Program Coordinator is responsible for maintaining Table to Table’s relationship with volunteers through effective communication and supervision. This person coordinates 100+ volunteers per week, manages volunteer schedules, fills positions and finds substitutes. The Volunteer and Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting the daily function of the food rescue program and its volunteers in a friendly and fast-paced environment. This person directs volunteers and communicates with donor/recipient sites to ensure smooth pick-up and delivery of donations. The ideal candidate is a team player with leadership experience and enjoys interacting with people of diverse age and background. Applicants must be energetic, self-motivated, organized, and have strong communication and leadership skills. This position reports to the Food Rescue Program Manager.
Employment Status and Work Hours: (Full-time salary position)
Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm with flexibility, 2 Saturday mornings per month and some other weekends and evenings are required. Additionally, 4 hours’ work in the evening from home. Changes to the regular M-F schedule are made to accommodate evening and weekend hours.
Salary & Benefits: $32,000-$38,000 depending on experience.
Benefit package includes paid vacation and sick leave, employer retirement contribution, along with employee health and dental coverage.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Interview, train, and directly supervise food rescue and facility volunteers, and other volunteers as needed.
- Coordinate daily food rescue routes, accompany volunteers on deliveries when needed, regularly lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Responsible for volunteer scheduling, after business hours scheduling required at times.
- Develop volunteer training materials with the support of the Program Manager.
- Develop and maintain volunteer personnel records and associated data entry.
- Coordinate twice-weekly warehouse routes and keep inventory of in-house food storage.
- Accept and track drop-off food donations.
Desired Education and Experience
- 1-3 years experience working with a volunteer-driven social service organization or experience supervising staff.
Necessary Skills and Requirements
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced public facing role, maintaining energy through often repetitive tasks and communications
- Ability to sustain positive communications and model for volunteers a compassionate, non-judgmental approach.
- Functional knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office and volunteer databases.